Tuesday, September 9, 2008

In your blood

Travel is in your blood. It fills your life and if you do it right it fills your mind too. I feel this need to travel that I can not explain. When I do it I am happy. No matter where I go or what circumstance takes me there I am happy. That was so true in Troy, AL we were there because of hurricane Gustav but I was totally happy being there in a hotel for days with nothing to do. I had a wonderful time with my husband and toddler just finding things to do.

We spent a bit of time at a park right on Highway 231. You can't miss it, there is a huge helicopter on top of a pole in the park. We had a good time wondering around this park reading all the plaques and monuments dedicated to fallen veterans of Troy and Pike county dating back to the revolutionary war. A great place to let the little one run around and some shade can be found under a tree or in the gazebo. It looks like they may have small performances there of some kind.

0 comments: