Monday, August 18, 2008

Hanging in Florida and Fay

So on a complete spur of the moment decision I packed up the car, the baby and the dog once again and headed to Florida. My family is in Fl. and that is where I was born and raised, also where we used to live before moving to New Orleans. When Scott got called away on business I figured we would go for another little trip. At the time I made that decision I did not know there was a hurricane coming for the state but I do not think I would have changed my mind since it is only expected to be a Category 1 when it makes landfall. A Category 1 is nothing to mess with but when you have lived in hurricane prone areas all your life you learn what is doable and what is not, and a Cat 1 is totally doable. We have locked down everything that can fly away and now we are just waiting. I love storms. Really I love all parts of a storm, the part we are in now is the foreboding part. The sky is completely overcast giving everything a grey tint, it is just starting to mist outside, not full on rain just yet and everything is perfectly still. No wind, No birds, No bugs, nothing. You can actually feel the world preparing for the storm. Nature Knows.

0 comments: