Friday, July 10, 2009

Postcards

Ok here is was fascinates me about these three post cards. Look at the similarities between the buildings. You can obviously see that these three different cultures have some of the same influences.
This first one is from Russia and the sender informs me that the building is a church and is very typical of the Russian North.

This next one is a monastery in China and was a favorite place of the ancient emperor as a summer resort.

The last one comes from Korea. Unfortunately I can not tell you what this building is as the sender did not include that information and I do not read Korean but it is beautiful. If I had to guess I would say it is a temple of some kind. Making all of these buildings religious in some way.

I am fascinated by everything these buildings have in common. Can you even imagine what else they might have in common if you could tour them all?




And Now...
Tip Today - Do not pack your expensive jewelery or items of great value if you don't absolutely have to, they are safer at home.
Quote Today - “People travel to faraway places to watch, in fascination, the kind of people they ignore at home.” - Dagobert D. Runes
Dreaming Of - The details of upcoming giveaways.

0 comments: